Charity Donations Scheme
Tax return on giving to a registered charity
THe Charity Donations Scheme on qualifying donations to eligible charities from income tax paying donors goes to the charity at a rate of 44.5% extra. A 5% iMAP charge applies on income up to €5,000 cut-off point in on transaction, with no additional charge on the larger amount.
A donation of €250 will be grossed up at 31% as follows:
€250*100/69 = €362.32 so the tax refund will be €362.32-€250 = €112.32.
On this basis the tax refund on a donation of €500 will be €224.64 and on €1,000 it will be €449.27.
Contact Irish Mission Agencies Partnership
Donate to iMAP for our partners and projects.
Qualifying donation criteria:
- Threshold is €250 in the year.
- The donation is given with no benefit to the donor.
- The donor is an income tax payer regardless of rate.
- Annual limit of €1million per individual can be relieved. No higher earner restriction.
- ‘Associated’ donor is limited to 10% of annual income.
- Signed CHY3 or CHY4 form valid for one or five years with PPS details.
44.5% extra on a €250 donation yields €112.32 tax return.